Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Parfait

Well, I must say, I'm so lucky to have a 10 year old step-sister to entertain my 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter! Alicia is the sweetest little girl and actually wanted to come visit and stay the night! I apologized for being a "boring big sister" as I was finishing up a cake, but she told me she was excited to watch me! My kids get bored with it, so it was nice to have someone interested in what I was doing! Once the cake was picked up, I told the kids if they wanted, they could pick out any recipe from my collection of cook books and we could try something new! They decided on a parfait, so here's my version:
 
Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits
 
2 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
4 c. milk
16 oz. strawberries (I used frozen, but would prefer fresh)
8-16 oz. cool whip
 
1.) Whisk together the chocolate pudding and the cold milk until it thickens.
2.) Puree the strawberries in a blender. (If you're using frozen --thaw them and be sure to drain them before you puree.)
3.) Fold the cool whip into the strawberry puree. (I used about 10 oz.)
4.) Starting with the chocolate pudding, then stawberries, layer into individual containers. (The kids and I just used plastic cups--nothing fancy).
5.) Covered each one with saran wrap so they didn't get that 'film' layer from the air hitting the pudding. --Pop them into the fridge to set up!
 
 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment